Pasta with Oven Roasted Tomatoes and Garlic is a light and savory dinner. Slow roast the tomatoes and garlic, then toss them with pasta!
I love making this dish in the summer when my garden is full of tomatoes. The sauce is light and bright, and the tomatoes condense into delicious bites packed with flavor. The burrata adds creaminess and a big handful of basil gives it the perfect balance of herbiness.
Tips for perfect Pasta with Oven Roasted Tomatoes and Garlic
- Pick a day when you’ll be home for a couple of hours before dinner. You’ll be slow roasting the tomatoes until they are sweet and jammy, which takes a couple of hours. The best part is the prep only takes a few minutes and then you get to enjoy the delicious smell of roasting tomatoes for hours.
- Make sure to toss the pasta with sauce in a bowl, not in the pan you used to boil the pasta. This is a light thin sauce, and it will get soaked right up in a hot pan. Tossing it in a bowl means you get a nice coating of sauce.
More Pasta Recipes with Balsamic Sauce
- Prepare the Oven-Dried Tomatoes and Roasted Garlic according to their recipes.
- Let the garlic cool, and remove the garlic cloves from the bulb.
- Pasta: Cook 8 ounces of thin spaghetti according to the package instructions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water, this may be needed to thin the sauce. Drain pasta and set aside.
- Sauce: While pasta is cooking, prepare the Balsamic Pasta Sauce in a large bowl according to the recipe.
- Sauce the Pasta: In a large bowl (not in the pan), toss together the Oven-Dried Tomatoes, Roasted Garlic, cooked pasta, Balsamic Sauce, and Parmigiano Reggiano. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve: Arrange the pasta on a plate. Top with basil leaves and burrata, then sprinkle with reserved Parmigiano Reggiano and lemon zest.