This mini sweet peppers recipe combines sweet and tangy peppers with savory seasonings and bright lime crema. Mix up the seasonings to add your own twist!
I absolutely adore shishito peppers, and I love the way random peppers are super hot. However, I understand that not everyone likes that level of heat. And sometimes I don’t want that level of heat, like when I want a pepper snack on a lunch break and I don’t want to be sweating when I hop on a post-lunch video meeting. Enter blistered mini sweet peppers.
These peppers are bright and delicious with all the savory goodness of other blistered peppers, but none of the spice that leaves you having to explain why you’re sweating. I have them paired with lime crema, a tangy rich sauce that pairs wonderfully with the sweet peppers.
Perfecting your Mini Sweet Peppers Recipe
- You don’t have to use just mini sweet peppers. Slice up some bell peppers, throw in some jalapenos. The world is your pepper.
- Get your pan hot and use a heat-tolerant oil. In order to char your peppers without overcooking them, you need a hot pan. So for that, you need a high smoke point oil. Ghee or avocado oil work great here.
- Find shichimi seasoning. A standard mix includes chili pepper, citrus peel, and sesame seeds. It has a unique umami flavor that works wonderfully with these peppers. But don’t worry if you can’t find it, salt and pepper taste great too.
Looking for more pepper recipes? Try our Blistered Shishito Peppers.
- 1 pound mini sweet peppers
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lime juice
- Shichimi seasoning and/or salt flakes and pepper
Lime Crema: In a small bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons sour cream, and 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lime juice. Season to taste with shichimi and/or salt and pepper.
Char the peppers: Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon high smoke point oil. Immediately add whole peppers. Cover with lid and saute until the peppers are lightly charred and tender (about 10 minutes). Stir once every few minutes.
To Serve: Arrange peppers on a plate and sprinkle with salt flake and/or shichimi seasoning. Serve with lime crema.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 98Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 291mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.