Roasted Vegetables with Tzatziki combines roasted vegetables and bright tzatziki to make this easy meal a family favorite. This is one of my favorite meals for spring, and probably ever. The tangy and savory tzatziki tastes amazing with the veggie kabobs, and I love the texture of the pearl couscous. Don’t worry if you don’t have skewers, the veggies taste just as good roasted on a sheet pan.
Techniques for a perfect Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables with Tzatziki
- Get creative! Don’t worry if you don’t have this exact mix of vegetables, smoked paprika makes most veggies taste amazing. Broccoli, mushrooms, and cabbage would all be fantastic!
- Season to taste. Some Greek yogurts are much more tart than others, so the salt and lemon in this recipe are more a guide than a rule, taste it and add more if needed.
- Roast the veggies on an upper rack. Raising the rack gets the veggies closer to the heat to help them brown more quickly. Just be careful you don’t get the parchment paper to close to the element.
Check out these bowl meals!
- 1 zucchini, sliced into half circles
- 1 yellow squash, sliced into half circles
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced into bite size pieces
- 1 red onion, slice outer rings into bite size pieces, dice inner portion
- 1 Persian cucumber, grate half, dice other half
- 1 lemon, cut lengthwise into quarters
- 1 cup cherry or other small tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- 2 tablespoons whole milk greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons broth base
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- coarse salt (like sea or kosher)
- freshly ground pepper
- Adjust rack to 2nd position, then preheat the oven to 450°F
- Thread evenly onto 4 skewers: zucchini, red onion, yellow squash, red onion, orange bell pepper, red onion leaving space between veggies.
- Brush kabobs with 1 tablespoon olive oil, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, and season with salt & pepper.
- Place kabobs on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and roast on top rack in oven until browned, about 20 minutes.
- After removing kabobs from the oven, squeeze juice from 1 lemon wedge over kabobs.
- Note: If not using skewers, toss veggies with olive oil and paprika and roast directly on a baking sheet
- In a medium pot, bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil.
- Add 1 cup pearl couscous and 3 teaspoons broth base.
- Cover pot and simmer for 8 minutes until water has evaporated.
- Keep covered and off heat until ready to serve.
- In a medium bowl, mix 2 tablespoons yogurt, 2 tablespoons sour cream, grated 1/2 Persian cucumber, 1 clove minced/grated garlic, diced red onion, juice from 1 lemon wedge, and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- In a medium bowl, stir together sliced tomatoes, diced 1/2 Persian cucumber, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt.
- Stir 2 cloves minced/grated garlic and 1 tablespoon butter into couscous, season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide couscous between plates. Top with 2 kabobs, a spoonful of tzatziki, and a spoonful of tomato salad. Serve with chili flakes and the remaining lemon wedges.
Roasted Veggie Kabobs
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 185mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 5gSugar: 11gProtein: 6g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.