Easy basil oil is made with just 5 simple ingredients and no fancy equipment! What will you drizzle it on?
I love tasty sauces that amp up the flavor in whatever you add them to. And even better when they are super easy to make. This delicious basil-infused olive oil checks both boxes. This basil oil is amazing when drizzled on pasta, tomatoes, hummus, bread; you name it! My favorite part about this infused recipe is that it takes no blenders or food processors, just chop your ingredients well and you’re good to go!
Techniques for a perfect Basil Oil
- Chop your basil and garlic finely. The little pieces of raw garlic add a nice spice and aroma that really let the basil shine.
- Use coarse salt. Coarse salt lets you better control the saltiness and adds some extra texture to the oil.
- Let it sit a bit. I always prepare this first, ahead of whatever I’m eating it with. This gives it plenty of time to meld together and get extra tasty.
Recipes with Basil
- Blue Basil Mezcal Margarita
- Cavatappi Pasta with Basil Marinara
- Pasta with Oven Roasted Tomatoes and Garlic
- The BEST Pasta Primavera
What is your favorite sauce recipe? Let me know in the comments!
- 1 bunch basil leaves (about 1/2 cup packed)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Chop: Finely chop the garlic and basil.
- Combine: Stir together the garlic, basil, and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Let it rest: Let the flavors meld for about 5 minutes.
- Salt and pepper: After letting the basil oil flavors infuse, salt and pepper to taste.