Blue Basil Mezcal Margarita combines smoky mezcal and Thai basil to give this delicious margarita a tangy and earthy finish. I’m a sucker for a good margarita, but as much as I love them, I also love variation. This margarita has all the things I like about a classic; lime, slightly sweet, salty rim, booze.
Tips for a delicious Blue Basil Mezcal Margarita
- Smoky mezcal adds complexity to a classic margarita.
- Using blue curacao in place of triple sec makes this a beautiful cocktail.
- I use Thai Basil because I have it in my garden, but any basil tastes delicious in this.
Looking for something to eat with this delicious marg? Try our Homestyle Guacamole!
- 1 cup mezcal
- 1 teaspoon blue curacao
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (juice from about 5 limes)
- 1/2 cup simple syrup (equal parts dissolved sugar and water)
- 2 sprigs Thai basil plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon smoked salt for rimming
- 1 teaspoon coarse sugar for rimming
- Lime: Cut limes in half. Squeeze the lime juice into a measuring cup until you have 1/2 cup.
- In a large shaker, combine mezcal, blue curacao, lime juice, simple syrup, and 2 sprigs Thai basil.
- Shake well.
- On a small plate, mix coarse sugar and smoked salt.
- Rub your glass rim with a lime wedge, then dip in the sugar/salt mixture.
- Fill glass with ice.
- Remove Thai basil and pour cocktail over ice.
- Garnish with Thai basil.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 530mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 0gSugar: 20gProtein: 0g