This Veggie Fajitas Recipe is incredibly easy because we use a sheet pan to get all the flavor with way less work and cleanup.
These veggie fajitas are loaded with flavor and are super filling. By using a blend of spices, we pack plenty of smoky flavor into these amazing vegetables.
Techniques for a perfect Veggie Fajitas Recipe
- Because of the delicious mix of Tex-Mex spices, just about any veggie tastes great in here. If I didn’t include your favorite, add it in and let me know the result in the comments!
- Accompaniments are key. I’ve linked to some of my favorite toppings, but be sure to include your favorite salsa or hot sauce. Avocado is also a great topping that helps cool down the spice.
- This recipe is vegan, but feel free to add cheese and sour cream if you enjoy those.
Southern & Modern Tex-Mex
- 1 recipe Taco Truck Green Sauce
- 1 recipe Homemade Pico De Gallo
- 1 portabello mushroom cap, thickly sliced
- 1 zucchini, thickly sliced
- 1 yellow squash, thickly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, thickly sliced
- 1 poblano pepper, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon smoked salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 8 tortillas
- Prepare the Taco Truck Green Sauce and Homemade Pico De Gallo according to their recipes.
- Adjust the rack to the second from the top position, then preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cook the veggies: On a parchment-lined sheet pan, toss together the sliced portabello mushroom, zucchini, yellow squash, bell pepper, and poblano pepper with the ancho chili powder, smoked paprika, smoked salt flakes, freshly ground pepper, and vegetable oil. Roast the veggies at 400°F until they begin to brown, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Heat the tortillas: Wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel and heat them on high in a microwave for about 1 minute until they are warm.
- To serve: Arrange cooked vegetables and avocado on a serving plate. Serve with Pico de Gallo, Taco Truck Green Sauce, and warm tortillas.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 239Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 541mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.