Caprese Pasta Salad can be served warm or cold, perfect for an easy weeknight dinner, or a potluck dish.
Techniques for a perfect Caprese Pasta Salad
- Definitely make the balsamic drizzle, it tastes amazing with the creamy mozzarella.
- What if you can’t find ciliegine or bocconcini mozzarella? Don’t worry! Just get any fresh mozzarella and cut it into bite-size pieces.
- Feel free to mix it up! Add extra veggies. Zucchini, olives, and bell pepper all taste great in this!
- Orecchiette works great in here, but plenty of other kinds of pasta do too. Cavatelli, cavatappi, and penne are all great options.
Looking for more carbs? Check out some of our Vegetarian Pasta Recipes.
- Drizzle: Start with preparing the balsamic drizzle according to its recipe.
- Pasta: Cook 10 ounces of orichette according to the package instructions. Drain pasta and set aside.
- Balsamic Vinegar Pasta Sauce: While the pasta is cooking, prepare the balsamic vinegar pasta sauce.
- Sauce the Pasta: In a large bowl (not in the pan), toss together tomatoes, basil, mozzarella, cooked pasta, and balsamic vinegar pasta sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve: Top with some balsamic drizzle, and serve with more balsamic drizzle on the side.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 343Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 294mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 10g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.