Mashed Gold Potatoes are super quick and easy, and our secret ingredient packs them with flavor.
Yukon Gold potatoes are perfect for mashing, especially for people like me who like mashed potatoes a little lumpy. Their smooth texture is perfect for that blend of texture and creaminess. The trick to adding even more flavor is using a little bit of vegetable stock when mashing them. The vegetable stock makes them super flavorful and delicious.
Techniques for perfect Mashed Gold Potatoes
- Use low-sodium vegetable stock. This helps to make sure you add the right amount of salt.
- Add the salt at the end. This will give you more control over the salt level.
Looking for something to eat with this? Try our Mushroom Bourguignon!
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup low-sodium vegetable stock
- 6 tablespoons butter (dairy or vegan), melted
- Boil potatoes: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Carefully add the potatoes to the boiling water. Reduce the heat to medium. Simmer for about 18 to 22 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Mash ‘Em: Strain the potatoes. Then add the vegetable stock and the butter to the empty pot off of the heat. Carefully add the potatoes to the pot (don’t splash yourself). Use a hand potato masher to mash the potatoes to the desired consistency. Do not over mash or they may become gluey. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 366Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 314mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.