These easy cheese and chive drop biscuits are great with breakfast or dinner, or just as a snack. If you want a more simple biscuit, just omit the cheese and chives.
I dream of being the person that rolls out flaky biscuits and has them in the oven in time for breakfast. But really, that’s just not who I am. All that rolling and rolling, by the time the biscuits are ready I already ate something else. That’s why I love drop biscuits. They taste fantastic and are so versatile. And the best part is: no rolling.
Key Techniques for Easy Cheese and Chive Drop Biscuits
- Drop biscuits come together much easier than rolled & cut biscuits. The baking powder gives these a light and fluffy aspect with very little work.
- Cheese and chives add great flavor but feel free to play around with it. This is a great biscuit base and you can have the simple biscuit as is, or add your favorite additions.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 5 tsp sugar
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used Colby Jack)
- 1 tablespoon dried or fresh chives
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold butter
- 1 cup cold milk
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Mix flour, baking powder, kosher salt, and sugar.
- Dice butter and cut into dry mix.
- Slowly add milk and stir until barely combined.
- Stir in cheese and chives.
- Drop batter onto 2 parchment-lined baking sheets. Top with more cheese if desired.
- Bake for 12 minutes, rotating baking sheets halfway through
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 136Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 433mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.