Mediterranean Pasta Salad is tangy and creamy with a delicious shallot dressing. With creamy mozzarella and rich veggies, it’s perfect for lunch, or as a potluck dish.
Key Steps for a perfect Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- Shock the pasta. Dunking the strainer full of pasta in ice water immediately after draining stops the pasta from cooking and keeps it al dente.
- Tangy dressing balances perfectly with creamy fresh mozzarella. Like with our beet salad, fresh dressing really steps up the flavor.
- Make it your own. This dressing goes great with so many different veggies. I picked some of my favorites, but ones I didn’t include that would be great are zucchini, squash, cucumber, & bell pepper. Put what you like in it and let me know in the comments.
5 Delicious Pasta Recipes
- Caprese Pasta Salad
- Pasta Primavera
- Brunch Pasta
- Sun-dried Tomato Cream Pasta
- Carbonara with Cotija Cheese
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra light olive oil
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- 1/8 cup diced shallot
- 1 tablespoon lemon
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 16 ounces of a short ridged pasta like cavatappi or fusilli
- 2 cups sweet cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 bunch, about 1/4 cup fresh italian basil, chopped (or if the leaves are small you can leave them whole which looks pretty)
- 1 roasted red pepper, diced (you can buy the premade marinated ones, or roast one yourself)
- 1/4 cup spanish olives
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into bite size pieces
- Prepare the ice bath: Halfway fill a large bowl with ice water.
- Cook the pasta: Bring a pot of water and 1 tablespoon coarse salt to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions to al dente. Immediately after straining the pasta, dunk the strainer with the pasta in it into the ice water to shock the pasta and stop the cooking.
- Creamy Shallot Dressing: Blend together to emulsify 1/4 cup white wine vinegar, 1/2 cup extra light olive oil, 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1/8 cup vegetable oil, 1/8 cup diced shallot, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper.
- To serve: Stir together shocked pasta, creamy shallot dressing, tomatoes, basil, red pepper, sliced olives, and mozzarella. If you are serving later, only stir in half the dressing, and stir in the other half right before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 556Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 450mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 14g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.