Vodka Thyme Lemonade cocktail is perfect for a hot summer day. Sweet, tart, and herbal components team up for an elevated refreshment.
Techniques for a perfect Vodka Thyme Lemonade
- Steep the thyme. If you have the time (get it), steeping the thyme increases the herbal essence without overpowering the drink.
- Use superfine sugar. Superfine sugar has smaller crystals than granulated sugar, so it will dissolve in cold water.
- Sweeten to taste. I prefer tart drinks to sweet, so there isn’t a ton of sugar in this. If you prefer a less tart drink, add more sugar and/or water.
Looking for more herbal cocktails? Try our Blue Basil Mezcal Margarita.
- 1 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar
- 2 sprigs thyme, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar for rimming
Steep the thyme (optional): Microwave 1/4 cup of water for 1 minute. Add 2 sprigs of thyme and let steep until room temperature, about 30 minutes. Remove and discard sprigs of thyme.
Add 1/4 cup superfine sugar to water and stir to dissolve.
Stir together sweetened thyme syrup with 1 cup vodka, and 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice.
Spread brown sugar onto a small plate. Rub cut side of a lemon on the edge of your glass. Gently roll the glass on the brown sugar to stick the sugar to the rim.
Add ice to the glass and pour the cocktail over the ice. Garnish with a fresh thyme sprig.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 195Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 16gProtein: 0g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.