Thai salad with peanut dressing is a hearty and filling salad. The peanut dressing adds amazing flavor and texture.
As far as I know, this isn’t really a Thai salad, it’s more Thai inspired. A few of the Thai restaurants I frequent serve a little salad before the meal that’s basically a few leaves of lettuce covered in peanut sauce. And I’m not kidding when I say it’s one of my favorite things. I look forward to those limp little leaves covered in peanut sauce, because peanut sauce is delicious on everything.
And while I do love those little salads, I often sit there inhaling it, thinking about what could make it better. Rather than a little amuse-bouche, how can this salad be the amazing meal it deserves to be?
For this salad, that meant introducing a lot of crunch. Peanut dressing is delicious, but it’s also very thick and ver creamy, and it’s very good at overpowering the other ingredients, so we need to make sure everything in this salad can stand toe to toe with the peanut dressing.
Techniques for a perfect Thai Salad with Peanut Dressing
- Get hearty greens. Baby kale, spinach, baby chard. Something with bite and toothiness that won’t get weighed down by a thick and creamy dressing.
- Crunchy veggies. Crunchy vegetables like broccoli and green beans are perfect in this salad. I include some other favorites in the recipe below, but feel free to mix it up.
- 1 recipe Easy Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (optional, to thin peanut sauce if needed)
- 5 ounces hearty greens, like baby kale or spinach
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 radishes, sliced
- 1 baby cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup green beans, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup wonton strips
- 1/2 cup salted & roasted peanuts
- 1 bunch Thai basil, stems removed and discarded
- Prepare Easy Spicy Peanut Sauce according to the recipe.
- Peanut Dressing: After making the batch of peanut sauce, stir in up to 1/2 cup coconut milk to thin the sauce into a salad dressing consistency.
- Salad: Place the greens in a bowl and tear them into bite-size pieces. Arrange cut vegetables, wonton strips, Thai basil, and peanuts on top.
- To serve: Drizzle about half of the peanut dressing over the salad to serve. Serve with the remaining peanut dressing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 360mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 11gSugar: 8gProtein: 10g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.