Delicious and easy rainbow summer rolls are perfect for hot summer months. They are light and fresh, and versatile. Fill them with crisp veggies for a lighter snack, or add tofu for a heartier meal. I love summer rolls for a poolside snack. They are easy to grab and so refreshing in the middle of a hot day.
Serve with our spicy peanut sauce for the perfect combination.
Techniques for perfect Easy Rainbow Summer Rolls
- Use a variety of veggies. Anything vegetable can be eaten raw and has a nice crunch goes great in a summer roll.
- Try different sauces. Peanut sauce is a classic, but sweet chili sauce is amazing with them too. I even have a friend that dips them in ranch dressing, which I silently judged but will admit it tasted pretty good!
- Wrap them tightly. Here is a video of me wrapping them on Pinterest.
- 8 ounces vermicelli noodles
- 12 rice paper wrappers
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/4 cup red cabbage
- For round sliced rolls:
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 radish
- 1 carrot
- 1 baby cucumber
- For julienned rainbow rolls: Slice into thin strips 1 red bell pepper, 1 carrot, 1 yellow bell pepper, 1 jalapeno, and 1/4 cup red cabbage.
- For round sliced rolls: Cut into rounds, 1 jalapeno, 1 radish, 1 carrot, 1 baby cucumber.
- Cook vermicelli: Cook according to package, then immediately strain.
- Rice paper wrappers: Use a large skillet full of warm water large enough dip the rice paper wrappers into one at a time. Water should be warm but not hot. You should be able to comfortably touch the water.
- Assemble: Dip one rice paper wrapper into the water and shake gently for 5 seconds. Remove from water and lay flat on a cutting board. Arrange vegetables onto rice paper in a layer. Place some vermicelli noodles on top of the vegetables. Aim for about half vegetables, half vermicelli noodles. You can also wrap the noodles around some vegetables so there are vegetables in the middle. Take the side of the wrapper closest to you, and wrap it around the noodles, fold the sides in and roll it up the rest of the way. See the video linked above for an example.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 89Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.